stat

Saturday 21 April 2012

Why I Cried At Bowling

No, it wasn't the pain in my shoulder. Thursday evening I walked down to Millbrook to go tenpin bowling with a group of Christian men, most of whom I'd never met before.

One of them I had met before, at an Christian men's camp which left me totally stressed out (and which I eventually fled) and he was one of the few who was supportive at that time.

He was organising a bowling evening for his church's men's group and when I heard of it, I emailed to ask if I could tag along. And I could.

I don't know why, but suddenly I looked round and thought of something. We read in Ephesians 5:25 that Jesús loved the church and gave Himself for her. But it's more than that.

You can give your life for your country, but are unlikely to know the names of everyone in that country. With Jesus it is very different.

You who are getting zeroes with most bowls- you're precious to Jesus, He knows you by name, and He died for you.

Paul- you're precious to Jesus, He knows you by name, and He died for you.

Tim- you're precious to Jesus, He knows you by name, and He died for you.

Kevin- you're precious to Jesus, He knows you by name, and He died for you.

You who I never got round to chatting to- you're precious to Jesus, He knows you by name, and He died for you.

And that's why I started crying. If we are Christians, then we are precious to Jesus. We are not strangers to Him, He won't ask, "sorry, do I know you?", and He chose to die for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment